What Is CEREC?
Cerec stands for Chairside Economical Restorations of Esthetic Ceramic or CEREC for short is a new state-of-the-art method of reconstructing tooth restorations. CEREC uses computer-assisted design (CAD) and computer-aided manufacturing (CAM) to offer single-day crowns, veneers, and bridges. This new technology has changed ceramic restorations such as crowns and veneers so that there is no longer a wait between the preparation and the final product. With CEREC, the technology is used while sitting in the dental chair. The restorations created are metal-free and tooth-colored to restore the tooth’s natural beauty, strength, and function. With CEREC’s CAD-CAM technology, these ceramic restorations can usually be done in a single dental visit to our Texas dental office.
Advantages to Using CEREC
CEREC has changed the dental crown process. It was created with the patient in mind in order to make a dental visit as simple as possible. Some of the benefits to using CEREC are:
- Most procedures can be done in one visit – less costly and less time-consuming
- Less painful injections due to single-visit
- No need to take messy impressions
- No need to have a temporary restoration for in-between visits
- Ability to save as much natural tooth structure as possible
- Longer lasting restorations – may last over 10 years
- Restores teeth to natural beauty, function and strength
- Metal-free restorations
Dr. Goehring can deliver the stunning results you expect.
To schedule an appointment, call us or click below.